• Obama unveils three last cabinet nominees
Obama commits to making U.S. leader in science once again | Obama: a Continued Economic Decline Is Not Acceptable
• MN-Sen: Franken Takes Lead in Recount; Cue the Fat Lady for Midnight Toker Norm Coleman?
• Bush announces $17.4 billion loan to GM and Chrysler
London Banker: “The market has failed, and officialdom is perpetuating that failure” | Corrupt Chairman Christopher Cox "Worked to Dismantle the SEC," Says Commission Vet Ed Nordlinger | SEC Watched Porn, Ran Private Businesses Instead of Catching Madoff, Report
• Mike Connell, GOP 'IT Guru' Recently Deposed in Ohio Election-Rigging Lawsuit, Reportedly Killed in Solo Plane Crash; Did Rove Have Him Killed?
More on death of Mike Connell from Ohio.com, WKYC (with video)
More below the fold…
• Why the GOP Has Lost: Their Party of Ideas as Weapons vs. a Party of Ideas As, Well, IDEAS! | More: In Private Memo, RNC Chief Concedes That GOP Is Bereft of Ideas
• Jerry Brown urges CA Supreme Court to void Prop. 8
• Report: 'White vigilantes' shot black neighbors after Katrina
• Federal Civilian Courts for Gitmo Detainees?
• 'I will fight until I take my last breath,' Blagojevich vows
• Jack Abramoff Crony David Safavian Found Guilty of Lying to Feds
• John Dean: 'Serious consequences' if torture gets free pass
Rumsfeld, Ashcroft Could Face Legal Jeopardy for War Abuses | Terrorism Cases Hinge on Paid Informants
More at the Newswire.