Stevens is up for re-election this year – and it's more than a buit noteworthy that the Republican senator, a former chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, is being indicted by a GOP-dominated Justice Department in connection with a marathon federal investigation into corrupt dealings involving Stevens's family in Alaska.
• Anchorage Daily News online cover story
• TPMmuckraker: Financial Disclosure Forms at Center of Steven's False Statements
• CNN: Stevens was caught completely off guard by indictment, colleague says
• TPMmuckraker: Sen. Ted Stevens Took Undisclosed Gifts Worth $250K, Including Viking Gas Grill
• Roll Call: Stevens Resigns from Two Committees