Cro-Magnon Mail: Jeff Koopersmith Gets a Death Threat

A knuckledragging, cowardly jerk hiding behind a gmail.com account threatens to take a "shot" at Jeff Koopersmith.

Received: (qmail 12477 invoked from network); 29 May 2008 23:30:06 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO p3presmtp01-10.prod.phx3.secureserver.net) ([208.109.80.159])
          (envelope-sender <chekflow@gmail.com>)
          by smtp07-02.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net (qmail-1.03) with SMTP
          for <koop@koopersmith.com>; 29 May 2008 23:30:06 -0000
Received: (qmail 23509 invoked from network); 29 May 2008 23:30:06 -0000
Received: from nf-out-0910.google.com ([64.233.182.187])
          (envelope-sender <
chekflow@gmail.com>)
          by p3presmtp01-10.prod.phx3.secureserver.net (qmail-ldap-1.03) with SMTP
          for <koop@koopersmith.com>; 29 May 2008 23:30:05 -0000
Received: by nf-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id d21so1817501nfb.35
        for <koop@koopersmith.com>; Thu, 29 May 2008 16:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
        d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
        h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;
        bh=P0UKzRXnZMFgzSXfMg0BXLN7ZvGUyD33KKbi4cghAhU=;
         b=YhbGSij9Kw5vYHxAFdUVrjbMyt6fX9Sp6L1L2xsJ8mov7
h+dP1UBW47ID7QTxAy+190cA2plMPgGI7JkSilldXGv7o1BnLm3R60PUeO1hafw
3SAB9A3OeIEjFZJTF6yVNwoFqr8Lb3TVR9gKdcf0TZPcGlasFQ5ctUEUgk5LJ+E=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
        d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
        h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type;
        b=dkWIMJfvuiA47VAhgqSpFdGGx18U85j1QddP9znSn9OoQPSoENgMcA
HSkwYpQbhvgw/DXAhcP5Wm8nLe7TBicV1eFwDWtZIu8Iz3Vg1wJX4tvMB
sQI6wALuZ1UaoDwFPrRWceOwuOlwZ/baXouQ6/17zRv+nt0qdde0xEk8/NO0=
Received: by 10.78.193.19 with SMTP id q19mr729722huf.79.1212103804346;
        Thu, 29 May 2008 16:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.78.166.6 with HTTP; Thu, 29 May 2008 16:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
Message-ID: <39e0222a0805291630t315ebfb5h9d6391beca6f520c@mail.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:30:04 -0700
From: "Alan Davidson" <
chekflow@gmail.com>
To: "koop@koopersmith.com" <koop@koopersmith.com>
Subject: I love it…the division
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="—-=_Part_25692_28185197.1212103804315"
X-Nonspam: Whitelist
X-NAS-BWL: No match found for 'chekflow@gmail.com' (1770 addresses, 0 domains)
X-NAS-Bayes: #0: 0; #1: 1
X-NAS-Classification: 0
X-NAS-MessageID: 9777
X-NAS-Validation: {8971FDFD-9BE3-4969-AD06-134F90E4E3A8}

Mr. "Koop",

I love all the hate on your site. I love it that the left hates the right and visa-versa.

I love the division. I cannot wait for it to escalate and thank you for prodding on such.

I simply cannot wait for the actual war between us to start. Not this back and forth word throwing, but the real thing. The violence. It will be so cathartic, so wonderful.

Admit it…you would love to actually throw a punch or shoot a bullet into someone like me. And oh boy…is it sooooo mutual! [NOTE: emphasis ours.]

I thank you so very much for egging on the hate between the "right & left". Please, please keep it up!

Bravo!

Alan Davidson

Dear "Mr. Davidson,"

Not sure I have written much "hate" in American Politics Journal – just truth as I see it.

Mostly what I write are answers to right wing hate spew.  However, I also realize there is a lot of "drama" and ignorance even in their opinions.

Your problem here, the failure of your "argument," is that I believe I have been pretty much on target for the past twenty years, and if you support the Neocon right or worse, then you have been pretty much wrong.  All the lies we've heard from the right are now coming home to roost.  There's nothing much you nor I can do about that.

I certainly hope that I haven't contributed to what you call "actual war" between "us."  While it may be true that violence, for you, is a "cathartic" and "wonderful", this is only so because you appear to need psychiatric help.  Truly Alan, and I don't say that to make you angry – only to urge you to discuss your feelings with a professional.

No. I would not "love to throw a punch or shoot a bullet a bullet into someone like you or anyone else for that matter."

However, because you have now threatened my life I also feel I must tell you that this isn't the first time someone has threatened me or other editorial writers from the right and the left with harm, punches, or bullets.

For that reason your email will be forwarded to the FBI and pertinent local police departments.

What you've written is against the very laws that I am sure you think you support.  Just looking back to criminal law from my law school days I can tell you that your note contains indictable cases for at least three felonies.

We already know who you are, and where you are.

So, I guess it's only a matter of time.

Until them, my sympathies to you and yours.  I hope you seek the help I suggest, and that you confront your own demons before attempting to find others.

Jeff Koopersmith